The City of Bellevue wants to hear from you. Your input is critical to helping the city to create zoning regulations and design criteria that will make certain that the downtown core remains a vigorous concentration of development, offering high density employment, retail and other uses.
To facilitate this dialogue, the city is inviting anyone with an interest or concern to participate in a focus group to shape the future of downtown Bellevue. City officials are offering seven different input opportunities for various interests, including residents, businesses, architects and others. The two hour group sessions will take place at City Hall between March 5-12.
Participants will be briefed on the Downtown Livability Initiative prior to small group, facilitated conversation. The exchange will include topics related to design, amenities and transportation. Opinions from these focus groups will help fashion possible modifications to the Land Use Code for downtown Bellevue.
While city officials suggest selecting the group that best fits your interest, attendees are welcome to attend any meeting. The meetings will be held at City Hall in room 1E-108.
Focus Group Schedule
- Architects and planners, Tuesday, March 5, 2-4 p.m.
- Property owners and developers, Wednesday, March 6, 8:30-10:30 a.m.|
- Brokers, Wednesday, March 6, 4-6 p.m.
- Large companies and retailers, Thursday, March 7, 2-4 p.m.
- Former Downtown Plan Advisory Body members, Friday, March 8, 8:30-10:30 a.m.
- Institutions and visionaries, Monday, March 11, 8:30-10:30 a.m.
- Residents, Tuesday, March 12, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
To reserve your seat, RSVP the City of Bellevue by emailing DowntownLivability@bellevuewa.gov or by calling Julie Ellenhorn at 425-452-5372.